Cart 0

Candle Care & Information

All of our candles are hand-poured with a high attention to detail given to each one.  We use the maximum fragrance loading that the wax can safely hold, ensuring that your candles throw a strong scent and are of a high quality.  To make sure you get the most out of your candles we recommend the following:

  • Never leave a burning candle unattended. 
  • Keep out of reach of children and pets
  • Keep away from things that could catch fire (e.g. curtains, clothing, electrical appliances)
  • Keep out of drafts (e.g. windows, fans or the direct line of air conditioning).  Drafts can cause candles to burn unevenly.
  • Do not use water to extinguish your flame. 
  • Ensure your wicks are trimmed to 7mm (1/4 inch) initially and each time your candle is relit.  This will help reduce the amount of smoke your wick produces (It should be minimal anyway) and will help your candle last longer.
  • The first time you light your candle, burn for a minimum of one hour.  Soy wax has a memory, and this will allow your candle to create the correct melt pool for future burns and will help to prevent tunnelling.
  • Do not allow your candle to burn for longer than 4hours at a time.   This will decrease the chances of your wick smoking.
  • Do not allow wick trimmings or match stubs to remain in the top of a burning candle as they can catch fire and begin to smoke.
  • When not in use, keep your candle covered to avoid dust building up. 
  • Do not allow the flame to come into contact with the side of the glass.
  • Do not use candle if glass is cracked, chipped or broken.

Don't be afraid to light your candle and enjoy it's beauty and fragrance. We truly hope that you love them as much as we love making them.